Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Reading is fun!





Okay so i pondered long and hard about what my new post should be! I couldn't think of anything interesting going on in my life really, so I decided to share with you all my absolute FAVORITE books from Don Miguel Ruiz!! I finished them just a few months ago, and they are honestly life changing! You might not be a fan, but I had to at least get the word out there! They are pretty much simple guidelines of living a happy life! It's honestly amazing, and has changed my view of life! "The Mastery Of Love" was my absolute favorite of the two! But read if you want, but here are some basic things it teaches from "The Four Agreements"

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word
Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally(My favorite)
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.


4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.

14 comments:

Camie said...

I am so excited to read them. They do sound so inpsiring. Just the main points you listed are so profound. Thanks for you sharing your small treasures. I will let you know what I think.

Anonymous said...

I read the four agreements in college!!!! Fantastic reading right there! I will have to get the other one. Nice post Joc!
I have yet to try the golden spoon! Crap!

Brianna said...

I am so reading those...in 21 days when school is offically OVER! I can't wait. I will let you know when I start them.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Those sound so good Jo, I will have to read them when I get some time, that is a great post, at least you are posting, people are slacking!

Jocelyn said...

Yeah everyone is slacking!! Slackers!! Get to it! I'm already pondering tomorrows post...Get excited!

Anonymous said...

Not so into the golden spoon....NOpe, not a fan. Maybe that is because I don't like ice cream or things of that nature to begin with. Hmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, BS about that new post you were supposedly pondering.....

Jocelyn said...

Lindsey how do you not like ice cream!!!? It's so delicious! Alright so your not a fan of the golden spoon...Next trip your NOT invited!! Haha!! At least your honest! Oh yeah by the way...I'm still pondering alright!

Michelle said...

So about the reading thing....My text books are pretty much all I've been reading so I am glad you shared the highlights!

Brianna said...

Jo, I think everyone has the title of those books memorized. NEW POST!!

Camie said...

dito...pondering time is up!!

Camie said...

Michelle you can't comment on everyones and not do a new post.

Anonymous said...

Joc, FYI; it isn't cool to read everyones posts and then not do posts yourself....Consider this your warning my friend. :) I just realized how funny and great you are; where is Mr Right? Maybe you should go on the bachelor!!! Good idea on my part! Seriously!

Jocelyn said...

Thanks linds that was actually really nice of you! Not the bachelor part...Could you imagine!? fighting for a damn rose! I couldn't do it! Funny thought though!