Thursday, October 25, 2007

My little sister....

So like I mentioned before, I have volunteered to be a "Big Sister" for the Big Brother Big Sister organization! About 3 weeks ago they finally matched me up with my "little sister" This is Keli! I honestly get excited to hang out with her! Your required to hang out at least 2 times a month minimum, but I like hanging out every week!! It's like being a kid all over again! We've already done fun things like getting ice cream at Blue Bunny, laser tag(I forgot how fun that is!) miniture golfing, and playing arcade games! I get to do all the fun stuff that nobody likes to do anymore and not feel lame about it!! Next week we're going to the corn maze! Keli is actually a really cool chick! She's 10 and in 5th grade so she's into things like High School Musical and has a major crush on Zach Efron Haha! (but what girl doesn't these days?) She's the oldest of 3 kids, she has a 5 year old brother and 3 year old sister, and seems to have a lot of responsibility helping her mom take care of them. So her mom thought it would be a good idea to have her be able to be apart of the organization to do "kid" things or have a big sister of her own! We already have so many fun things we want to do together! She really wants to go to Cafe Rio! The girl has never been there! Crazy I know! So that's something she wants to do! She's also into EVERYTHING possible which is really cool cause there are some fun things that I would like to do too! She wants to learn to Sew....i'm sure there are classes in town, but if anyone knows of any let me know cause I have NO ClUE how to sew but it could be fun to learn! Anyway I'm sure I'll get to post more fun adventures as the year goes by! But just wanted to introduce you all!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

what a cutie! that is so fun for you and her! i think they offer sewing classes at hurst and also at a place in the bloomington courtyard....i forget the name?

Erin Tarwater said...

Very Cool! I bet you are the best older sister!!

Camie said...

She looks super fly! What a cute little chickita! SHe is lucky to have you for a big sister. IT sounds like you guys are taking Saint GEorge by storm. The only sewing classes I have ever taken were at Bernina...who knows. Anyways I think its super sweet that you are doing it Jo, I know there are so many kids out there that need this kind of support.

Anonymous said...

She is so fun and cute! How fun! I would totally do that if I didn't have kiddies of my own.
How do you find the dang time!?
She is sure fortunate to have landed you as her big sista! you are the bomb, I bet she like idolizes you and tells ALL her friends about her "cool older friend".

Go you!

Heather Stott said...

how fun is that! I would have loved to do somthing like that but I never did... you are going to have so much fun!

Karamea said...

that sounds so fun. i've been wanting to do that out here for a while now. i miss being around kids!

Jer & Mick said...

Thats awesome!! I always wanted to do that program, but Jer did that while we were engaged with Nick so they would take their little bros together and they loved it. And i think JoAnne's has sewing classes or There is a place by Great Harvest I think it's called Quilt-N-Sew and they make way cute things at their classes. She will love sewing. Good Job!

Heidi said...

You are so sweet! I'm sure that cute girl is loving the time with you. How fun!

Karamea said...

i spend some of my free time watching trailers on apple.com/trailers. :)
i hope lars and the real girl comes to st. george! i want my mom to see it! so if she hears it's there i'll let you know!

Rachel said...

give us an update on the store?

Lissa Leigh said...

Jo! How the heck are you? I haven't seen you for like a couple of years now. You look great! Just the same:) How exciting that you own a store. Next time I'm in St. George I'm dropping some serious cash there:) Beau's going to dental school in a couple of years and when we get out then I can really do some shopping! Congratulations! I need your e-mail address so I can add you to my blog. And I have a blog for my business at www.tickledpinkbyklorissa.blogspot.com. Check it out! My girls are my models:)

Also, I'm tagging you! Check my family blog for further instructions!

~Klorissa

Aubrey & Garrett Frei said...

How cute are you! I love that! You're officially so freaking cool! hahaha. Excited to hear more about adventures in big sister land.

Brianna said...

She's so sweetical. Um, hello, I have a crush on Zachy boy! I've always wanted to do the big sista thing.

Cassidy Legg said...

how cute is she!! you got a good one... that is awesome of you jocelyn good job

Karamea said...

coming home is a big possibility! i will keep you updated.
until then, i tag you! check my blog for details!