Thursday, June 7, 2007

Shop till you drop!

So tomorrow I am going to LA!!! Yahoo! I am going with my business partner Jenny, and we are going to experience our first tradeshow for our boutique!! This is pretty much the marketplace where all the vendors and distributors of differen't clothing labels get together to sell and market all their product to people like me! So we are super excited! We won't actually be buying anything right then and there since our financing isn't in place quite yet. But we will just be meeting with new representatives and getting familiar with the whole scene, as well as finding lines we want to carry so we can buy from them as soon as we are ready! Since it's June, they will all be marketing the new fall lines! So i guess I'll get the "fashion forward" I'm so pumped! Things with the store are moving really quickly! We actually just got some "temporary" business cards done! We changed the logo entirely(thanks to all of your honest opinions) it's not finished yet (hence the temporary cards) but we HAD to get business cards made in order to get into the show! I have been trying really hard to upload it to show you all to see what you thought so far, but no luck! I guess the format isn't compatable with blogger :( But once the final one is done I will let you all know! Not that you reallly care...... Anyway, I just didn't have anything else to blog about lately, so I thought I would update you on my boutique, which was all from lindseys inspiring words to do so!

5 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

That is freaking awesome, I can't wait to see it, I want some new clothes so get stuff for tall lerpy girls to!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SUPER excited to hear how the show went! Wahoo! Thanks Jocey! It's the least you could do, really. Ive been dying to know when I can come shop! At least now I know it is coming.
Do you have/need investors? Let me know please.

Jocelyn said...

Hey linds, we are trying to get most of our financing from banks, or there are actually financing especially for women with small businesses! As far as investors, Jake has been interested in investing with us, so so far that's the plan. But if for some reason something falls through I will let you know! Do you think you might be interested???

Michelle said...

So you can let us all know when we start wearing "mom" clothes and getting out of style....wait I probably already am.....so keep me in line okay!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Shaun is interested in investing if you needed it?