Monday, June 11, 2007

I'm all shopped out!


So I'm back from my shopping extravaganza in LA!! To sum it all up: I'm overwhelmed, excited, shopped out, my feet are killing me, and I can't bear to look at another metrosexual/gay man who has on tighter pants then I do! So here are some pics of a few things we picked out....some of the things we aren't really sure we are getting! For example the hats...they are pretty pricey, and they want us to buy a bundle of them in order to carry them! And also those guys t-shirts! I don't love them.... The cutest things we got, I dont have on my camera! BOO! But we tried to get a variety of things from different tates, to different price ranges, although it seems like a lot of the thing we picked out seem to be a little bit on the higher end! YIKES! For instance....Ed Hardy t's for little kids! Super cute + Super expensive! And also the yellow top and dress we LOVED! But again pretty pricey! But we figure there are people out there who would buy it, or else they wouldnt sell right?? Dont fret though! We are looking for lines that are in the mid price range also! And the purses you see aren't that badly priced either! they range from like $65-$200 and we also got some other ones that aren't pictured that are SUPER cute!!! And those are like $400 + but I'm sure that's thet most expensive thing we will carry! Let me explain the pictures of the guys....The black man(meant in no bad way) is supposedly an up and coming rapper named BT he is signed with Motown records and suppposed to be big(dont they all say that?) But we did listen to his CD and it's actually really good! It could be big lie, but they seemed to make a big deal of him when he came in! The jacket he is wearing we actually ordered, and it doesn't look as cool in the pic, but I am telling you it is HOT!! One of my most favorite things we got for the guys! The other guy's name is Sterling Williams, he is actually the designer for that jacket! He is shooting a reality TV show right now about his new clothing line(sterling williams) and it's supposed to be on E entertainment if it gets bought that is....so look for me in the background! Haha! So my first shopping trip wasn't all that bad, and I'm geared up and ready to go to the next one in vegas in August! Wahoo!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Joanna Goulet said...

Sounds like a lot of info in a short period of time. Yeah I did like the yellow dress by the way. I wouldn't even mess with Ed Hardy...it was such a fad..nobody enjoys him anymore and it's way to expensive for what it's worth. I would definitely pick out a couple of high end pieces that you think are quality as far as fabrics and the design. And see how it sells. You never know there could be a nich for it. But for the most part staying in the mid range price point is a good idea so you can afford to buy more pieces. Were the vendors willing to work with you as far as quantities? or did they have a set number? I did like that mens line that I saw pictures of. Did you order from them?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to say I almost bought a hat Exactly like the very front one with the snake things. $100 dollars though. I would have, but a hat....Not so much. I totally think we need higher end stuff here other than the trendy (blah) dooney and bourke crap. No offense. I want Ed Hardey bad!! I likey! I am excited for your store jocey!! Looks like it isn't all that goth though. I think that is a good thing. we already have a hot topic???
I know your store will be the shizzle.

Anonymous said...

People WILL spend the money!

Tasha said...

I'm ready to shop there! I love that yellow dress and top.
So I looked at your myspace and you're totally friends with my cousins, rodney and richard porter. I love them! of course! What a small world-town!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my gosh tasha I can't believe your cousins with rodney!! Hahaha!! I dated him for a bit!! yeah...small world!

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you. I know it will be a success!!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

You are so cool, I am so impressed you are doing this, seriously, not to many people take risks anymore! You are my hero!!!!

Camie said...

SOunds like SO MUCH SHOPPING, but you picked out some SMOKIN cute stuff. Way to go! YOur store is going to be so HOT to NOT! Do you love all the cap words. Anyways I think you girls did a fab job getting stuff. Can't wait to shop til I drop at your store...

Cassidy Legg said...

oh jocelyn! I cant even tell you how excited and happy and all of that good stuff I am for you! I cant wait and you know if you need help with anything I am here.. that is as far as paiting and what not

Anonymous said...

I am too! New post already!

Jessica McAllister said...

Your shopping trip sounds awesome! If you ever need any graphic design work for your shop let me know I would love to help, I love the style of the stuff that you got it is going to be awesome!