Friday, March 14, 2008

Out with the old. In with the new.

"He and I had something Beautiful
but so dysfunctional it couldn't last....

I'm battle scarred. I am working oh so hard. to get back to who I used to be." - A Fine Frenzy

Yes.That Best describes it.

Lunch today with the Ex went surprisingly well. Like nothing had changed.

Except for me.

It's amazing how someone can be this HUGE part of your life at one point. Like your entire world would fall apart without them. and in a matter of a few months you look at them entirely different. Strange how you can be with someone for four years and feel like you've just met them. Yet you know them probably better then they know themselves.

I wanted to tell him: the truth shall set you free!!

but he can't handle the truth. Not his own at least. Lies have become his truth.

But.....I Love him more then I ever have. Not in the way it once was. But I love him as my friend. I can appreciate him now and everything that he is. Because his crap is no longer mine. I guess it never was. It feels so good to be ME with him. to be real. I faced the past. Forgave. and I'm working on forgetting. He will always be my friend. Amazing isn't it?

EX: Your like this whole new person!
ME: You have NO idea.... :)

Facing the past makes me love Scott even more. It's good to know where you came from. So you can appreciate the NOW. I'm lucky. I'm so Lucky he is mine. :) Lucky to be in a "healthy" relationship. Okay. Healthy doesn't describe it. AMAZING....Yes. That's better. It's all better. Since HE came around. Love is good.

11 comments:

Marla said...

Good job Jojo I never did that with any of my Ex's and even though I am married now and I shouldn't I secretly still want to with at least 3 of them. Although the first liners of your post scared me I thought you were talking of the new romance. (sigh of relief)

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I was also frightened at the first! I am so glad you have good feelings and that you are so happy in the new relationship, it sounds great!!! YAy for you!

Brianna said...

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Check out this new woman! I love it Jo! It makes me so happy to hear you so happy and optimistic.
Also, secretly jealous that you are able to have closure with the Ex. I, like Marla, didn't ever really have that with one of mine.
Now that you are so joyfully in love, you better keep us updated on this little adventure!

Joanna Goulet said...

Can I say that I am very happy for you! You have never been the type to open up so I feel like this is a big step for you. I hope through this whole process you found out who YOU are...sometimes it's hard when your with someone for so long that you tend to forget. Once you start to love yourself and realize the real YOU everything just falls into place...and I think you have just accomplished that. When do I get to meet this guy anyways?!?!

Michelle said...

I am excited for you. Sounds like this new guy is a keeper!

~..kass..~ said...

that made me smile Jo, very happy for you :)

Camie said...

Hooray for new beginnings!

Heather Stott said...

wow! that post was moving jojo! I am happy for you!! I hope everything stays wonderful and just keeps getting better. Isn't it so nice to be content and happy!? Good for you!

Anonymous said...

saweeeeeeet!!!

He's hot, you're hot, your kids are gonna be outa this world on the hottie scale!

How poetic your life sounds right now, enjoy the ride woman!

tarac said...

So True- about how things seemed so huge But are so Little now. Once you finally get into a AMAZING relationship, it's hard to understand why you wasted all that time with Punks!

Kelli Eudis said...

Jocelyn, I love to read what you have to say. And I just have to say, I am so happy you have found someone so good. You totally deserve it! You are such a beautiful person inside and out.