Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Body

Does not move like it did six years ago. Going to the gym everyday does not always mean your "in shape" My back is sore. And I think I now have a slight limp in my right leg.

This week I'm helping Cassidy with cheer tryouts for the new high school. We danced/taught our asses off yesterday! I'm 24 for heavens sake! I thought I threw the pom poms in years ago? It's funny that CHEERLEADING once defined who I was. To some it probably still does. Strange.
Weird that eight years ago I was in the same position as these girls trying out to be a High school "cheerleader". Right now, this is what is consuming their life. To them it is what will make or break their high school career. In fact they are probably practicing the dance as I type! THAT was me. And MOST of you. Years ago. Friday we will shatter some girls dreams!!!! And there will be DRAMA! D-R-A-M-A (spelt out cheerleading style). Because there always is! Good thing I'm not the coach! :)

I'm realizing how insignificant high school is in defining who you are. I'm now friends with people in high school that I never thought I would be. and I recently(3 months ago) kinda dated the biggest drama guy from high school! Yes....Sean Pullen. Did your jaws just drop? Seriously....who would have thought?

Last Friday night me and cass watched almost our entire senior year of cheer videos. I honestly had to keep asking her "is that me?" I couldn't even recognize myself! Watching it felt more like a dream...not a memory. Weird how I hardly remember high school...Why is that?
Even though high school was ages ago. I realize that almost every single person I have as a friend on my blog is someone that I once cheered with in some point of my life or is a friend of mine from high school! Amazing that through the world of blogging we are all still friends.

9 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

Loved the post. Although I never with one single ounce of my body wanted to be a cheerleader I totally remember how horrible it was when someone didn't make it (AM) who BTW should have totally made it. And I do agree that all the status B.S. that determine who you are and aren't friends with, how crappy, and also how crappy that some ppl are still that same old way. I am so thankful it is over and how it helps us all grow. I just watch High School Confidential last night on WE (great show) So sorry for the novel and sorry if I totally read your post wrong :) and just so you know yep the kids are nuts and when I am home feel free to watch them any time LOL

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

I remember those days, we cared so much, to much. But now it is so insignificant! I have great memories, but am glad that it is over in a way, I would like my body back though! I am just glad for all the friends I made, I know we will be friends forever, and thankful for my husband, besides that, I am glad it is over!

I love that you dated S.P. That is cool, but I am even more happy that you are in love right now, and have found someone that treats you right! I really hope I can see you in april, that would be so fun!

Brianna said...

Yea, thanks but I was never one of the cheerleaders...although at times I wished I was. Good Post!

Heather Stott said...

It's hard for me to remember things from high school or before it's like parts of my life big chuncks are gone, missing, that I just pushed the delete button. It's hard for me to remember things. Memorize I guess I don't want anymore? I think that is ok with me.

tarac said...

Jocelyn- I have been wanting to run into you, but unstead I'll just blog you :) First of all, I am so totally stoked that Cassidee got the DHHS job and that you are doing it with her! I think that is the best thing that could have possibley happened to the "St.George Cheer World" I am soooo excited for the girls that are trying out- finally they are going to get the great experience that they deserve! Thier tryout material was totally cute and finally not scanked out! I loved it! I sincerely think that you two are going to be so huge in these girls lives and that is amazing! Please foward my Congratulations and excitement on to Cassidee! Shay Peterson was over here tonight and she is so excited to get to work with you and Cassidee. Like I told her, You two will take her to the next level. She is a huge talent and wants to continue cheerleading/dancing after high school and I know that you two will fine tune her till she can chose where she wants to go. I am so excited for her. And to watch her achieve her goals with you two helping her. I know she is running for head cheerleader and I just have to say you will never meet a more wonderful girl and her family is so super supportive and would be incredible to work with.

Anyhow, I am not just trying to blow smoke up you a*s with this I am truly excited for your cheer program! I wish I got to see you and chit chat with you more often!

Tara (Smith) Coughlin

Stephanie said...

I came to tryouts on Friday and tried to come down and say hello, sad I missed you. I totally agree with you, tryouts made me smile because of all the memories. It was really fun to watch. Good luck with all of that.

P.S. Scott is awesome, good choice!

Camie said...

Wow! those days are definitely weird to think back on...espcially how it seemed I was one of the only ones that wasn't a cheerleader...probably because I could never fit my humongo body into those tiny skirts. OWELL!! Highschool does have a way with defining who you are to some extent whether we like it or not. I wish I could take back so many days and memories from those years. I sometimes wonder if I regret more then I appreciated about highschool. Again, owell!! I am glad for blogging though and that it has kept us in touch to some extent. I always have mixed emotions about looking back on highschool.

Derek and Tomi said...

Hey this is tomi durham derek durham's wife! you should check out my blog tdurham.blogspot.com

Laurel said...

I've had similar feelings. I'd never go back to high school in a million years. Email me at laurelhorchem@gmail.com if you're interested in being blog buddies. -Laurel (Snow) Horchem