Monday, November 3, 2008

Suggestions please....

Remember that Boutique that I was going to open up? We all know how the economy is going right now, so to open up a boutique was definitely not the right time! But Jenny(friend/partner is this venture) and I REALLY want to get SOMETHING going! So she has come up with this idea that is totally inexpensive but also not that exciting! So I wanted to know what you all thought about it.....

We are thinking about doing house parties. Yes like purse parties, candle parties, mary kay parities. I know i know....kinda sounds lame, and maybe it is! BUT on the up-side we do not sell mary kay or candles!!! :) Maybe purses? We will however sell some pretty damn cute clothes and shoes that you can't find here in St.George and also some super cute kids clothes that we found at our last tradeshow that I guarantee you would all LOVE! We aren't quite sure how it will all work out. Maybe we will do one once a week? Maybe you can just drop by when you want? We will also probably do some sort of expo this coming December. But please let me know if you think it's a lame idea? or any suggestions! Cause I figure you guys will be coming to these things RIGHT!!? And if you think it's lame....just tell me. I swear to not get my feelings hurt! :) But I'll still make you come anyway! :)

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I would come....

~..kass..~ said...

I think that is a way good idea. I wish I could come...

Brianna said...

I don't live there...but if I did...I probably wouldn't come:( Don't hate me:( It's just that it seems like everytime you turn around someone is inviting you to another house party...whether it's candles, jewelry or modbe. I just feel like I have to go and once I'm there I feel like I have to buy something. So anyway, that is my honest opinion. However, it might be much cooler if the clothes really were brands you couldn't get in STG and weren't that expensive...then I might come:)

Cassidy Legg said...

I think it is a really good idea. I think you should do it

Heather Stott said...

sorry but i kinda agree with brianna on this one. I still love you jojo, and I am a little honest, when people want to know the truth they ask me. :) I don't know if that is a good thing or not?

maybe it's just cause I am poor! and I can't afford to be guilted into buying something at one of those parties! haha

Michelle said...

I am also with Brianna. She explained exactly how I feel. Especially lately. I will get invitations from people in my ward who address it to Amber??? obviously they don't even know me and are just looking through the ward directory. Then once one of them does a party then everyone else signs up for one too and I get invited to 5 more. Sorry...venting a little. But it actually sounds like you've got some good stuff so I may be interested but just seen enough house parties

Brianna said...

Guess what I got in the mail today??? A cute little package for my baby girl! I love it, thank you Jo! The little onesies are my favorite, I can't wait for her to wear them:) I will definitely be seeing you in January!! YAY, I can't wait. Also, thank you for your card, it was very thoughtful and sweet. I love you.

Lauren and the kidlets said...

hey Jocelyn, its Lauren I'm not sure if you'd want to but my sis in law and I are having an open house with a few different vendors on the 6 of December up here in Provo. I've had some requests for someone with cute clothes..... if you'd want to make the drive and show off your stuff let me know! Thanks a bunch!

Ashlynn {mamabear} said...

you don't know me - so sorry for commenting. I am Derek Allen's big sister & found your blog through your friends blogs. ANYWAY ...

When the economy is bad network marketing (which is really what you are suggesting but on a smaller leverl) goes BIG! Because everyone wants to make extra money. Plus the reason Avon, Modbe, etc all do house parties & network marketing is because it is so cheap to do ... like free marketing.

I do see how Brianna feels though, I have been going to the house parties around town, but I don't feel guilted into buying things. I go to see friends too & I know the girls hosting know this.

What about having an online store/blog or even selling on ebay? I want to see the stuff you have, it sounds fabulous.