Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Missing: Period

I HATE the Doctor. Did I seriously just pay $60 to have someone tell me I'm NOT PREGNANT! Like I didn't know that already!!!!!!? I have missed my period now for two months in a row....yeah I'm sure any doctor would ask "well are you pregnant?" But no I'm KNOW I'm not pregnant!! That doesn't stop them from telling you you have to go pee in a cup! After she tells me the test results are negative(like I told her before) she asks me if I'm okay with not having a period? Um....Sure? I mean who really WANTS their period? So I say "yeah that's fine as long as it's okay and there is nothing wrong?" And she just says "yeah it's NOT that normal seeing as you've been pretty regular your ENTIRE LIFE OF HAVING A PERIOD" So.....you would think she would want to figure something out as to why I'm not having a period anymore? Nope! Apparently I'm just fine and I guess I'm just lucky to not have a period anymore? So that was the end of the doctor visit. I payed money to get a pregnancy test done that wasn't needed in the first place. I mean I would have gladly peed on a $8 stick and showed them the negative sign! All I really wanted was for them to figure out where my period ran off to! I mean now I kinda want it.....So if you see it around town, tell it I'm looking for it and it should just come back. Tell it I'm not mad. I miss our visits.

16 comments:

Brianna said...

JoJo, you are so funny. When I was on birth control I would regularly go 2-5 months without a period. I also went to the Dr. they took a test and charged me $60 buckaroos without ever telling me what was up with my period MIA. Luckily, mine came back after I got off BC, so really, I'm of no help. Sorry.

Heather Stott said...

JO, you can have MY period! it is devistation every time I start each month another reminder that another month has gone by and I am not pregnant! not to mention the cramps the bloating the lower back pain and I can go on...! are you sure you want it back? I would say good ridence! :)

The Jones Family said...

You are hilarious- yeah they should figure out what's going on. I don't think that should be okay to be that irregular. I don't know??? Yeah you can have mine too- I never got to skip mine even with breastfeeding I still have it. It's crazy. Has there been some sort of a change in your life lately? Like eating habits, stress, etc?? That's all I can think of.

Jocelyn said...

Well thanks nurse Kasey! When I went to WebMD all they came up with is 1. Pregnant 2.Anorexic 3. underweight 4. Hypopituitary...Don't know what that is!? But nope I'm not stressed or anything! AAAGGGHHH!!!

Rachel said...

that is strange. where on earth would it have gone? are you sure your not anorexic? haha, i'm totally kidding. I wonder if it might have anything to do with your insomnia and maybe just a little bit of stress from getting your boutique opened up> hmmmm, i guess it's just a good thing you aren't pregnant! haha. when are you opening your store anyway? i've been waiting patiently for a reply?!!

Camie said...

Jojo, are you pregnant?

Camie said...

Sorry I just had to ask ONE more time to give you a final chance to fess up....I will keep my little eyeballs peeled for any of that stuff running around town!

~..kass..~ said...

Just don't worry about it, I would LOVE no period! it could be stress or you working out a lot. Just wait it out, but you may not want to listen to me I NEVER go to the DR's, not a huge fan

Robyn said...

welcome to the world of medicine jocelyn! I once went in for back pain only for them to confirm that i had no appendix and wasn't pregnant (i definitely already knew that, and told them many times). I sure am glad i paid them 500$ for that diagnoses.

hypopituitary would present itself with other symptoms as well, so dont worry about that. but sometimes your cycle will get out of wack for really stupd reasons, gaining or losing any weight, stress or sickness can bring it on. as long as the rest of you is feeling fine, you are probably fine.

Robyn said...

by the way this is robyn from cheer :) not some random stranger giving you medicine advice. although we havent seen each other in years....so i guess i am a bit of a random stranger anyway!

Emily Blais said...

k, I am cracking up right now.

Anonymous said...

jojo you kill me. I think I would be just fine not having one. just enjoy it, and you never know it just might come back

Karamea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jer & Mick said...

well i have that same problem..hence the reason we don't have kids yet, so better to fix the problem sooner than later (as nice as it is not to have those monthly visits!)

Brianna said...

Jo we are definitely interested. A few questions:
Are there corner booths available?
How many vendors are expected?
How is it being advertised?
When is the registration deadline?

Thanks!

Amber Lewis said...

JOJO, I don't have a blog, so I don't even know if I am allowed to be a blog stocker, but I am, because I ran into yours. This is the first one I read I usually just look at pictures and call it good... I guess your life is so interesting that you don't need pictures. After reading your blog I look forward to reading others. Quite interesting... I am sorry about your period. In high school I hardly ever had a period, and even now I have it just every once in a while... I don't think it's a big deal. Maybe our periods are friends... I never know when I am going to run into mine, but next time I do, I will ask where yours is. k!