Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Welcome to the circus...

I work at a car dealership.

I walked into a sales meeting this morning with 10 different dealerships in town for a HUGE used car sale we are having all week, and it has never been more apparent that I had a vagina, a pair of boobs, no ring on the correct finger, and no kids. I guess that description screams "make comments about me that could be considered inappropriate!" Good thing I have developed a thick skin and a sense of humor! :)
Right this moment I am in hiding. Hiding from what you ask? PENIS-ES. Literally! I'm surrounded. Don't be jealous....trust me!! It's anything but a fantasy! :) The car industry is predominantly male I have become aware. VERY aware. Its filled with men. Dirty men. Men with greased back hair and lots of chest hair pouring out of their unbuttoned shirts! I want to give them gold chain necklaces and thick gold rings just to complete the look. Let me take a step back. I do not sell cars! I work at Stephen Wade Nissan...again. I'm confined to a desk all day long. No complaints though. It's a good job, and a pretty entertaining place! A circus really. I do the financing for the dealership. Yes I'm THAT person. The one you go to sign paperwork with. The one who you think is automatically screwing you out of hundreds of dollars. It may be true...but I'll never tell! :) Kidding. I thankfully have whats called "character" momma raised me well! In all honesty though.... we are good people! I'm glad to be working for this dealership. So if your looking for a car, let me know. I'll be good to you I promise! :) Doesn't that sound like a line from some cheesy dude that wants to date you? Sick.

So if you get bored, come on down to the old Stephen wade lot (by fiesta fun center) where we are having a huge used car sale with most of the dealerships in town! Like I said, it's a circus! Bunch of clowns! Come entertain the kids! :)

7 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

wow, I am sorry they are treating you like a piece of meat, you are pretty hot though jo, I would do the same if I was a guy!!!! I love reading your posts, they make me laugh!!!

Jacy Leany said...

Pretty dang funny Jojo! You hd me laughing outloud!
I too was in the place were people thought you were screwing them over... but I really was! Furniture sales are nothing but a big FAT rip-off! The markup is like 200%... It's pretty sick!
Love ya girl!
Hope all is well!

~..kass..~ said...

thanks for the laugh jo

Karamea said...

ah i remember working at a place like this. i was 17 or 18 just out of high school and totally clueless about the world...and sleezy men.
geeze i learned a lot. but when you're hot you're hot and you can't help it.

in a way it's kind of flattering. but mostly it's just gross. haha

just have scott bring you lunch one day. they'll get EXTREMELY jealous of him, and that will be a whole nother thing to write about!

Rachel said...

You are too funny! Um. Thanks for your comment! You know i totally miss you too so CALL ME! and we will have ourselves some in-n-out! Now that I know I'm having a girl, I'm pretty sure her name will be pretty dang similar to yours! :) hope you don't care!

Michelle said...

ha ha ha....I love the picture. And believe me...I know all about the car dealerships. My dad has been a car salesman for about 30 years. And no he is not one of the ones with the slicked hair, hairy chest, and gold chain but I know plenty of guys he works with or has worked with that fit your description!

tifsong said...

haha! this made me laugh really really alot. i'm actually smiling still. because here i sit, at my receptionist desk, and there you sit in your little office, the two women in the sales department, here..right now.


go us, and welcome to the circus.